Friday, May 10, 2013

I’m gonna die…

Stating the obvious! Some day, we all are..
Well, Orochimaru may be the exception…

CvUcB

- but oh, I will face slow, painful and horrendous death… read on!

Okay, okay, I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted. I’m sorry (not really). I’ve been busy (lies). I promise it won’t happen again (moar lies).
*(Truth be told, I’ve actually had a whole week off… it’s a phenomenon called “Golden Week” – only golden for firms and companies, as people go off travelling and spend a hella lot of money).

On topic: I’ve already had a few near-death experiences in Japan. Coincidentally, the two I recall off the top of my head were while riding my bike.
You remember I told you about the tower-tall kerbs in my last post?
Try imagining hitting a pedal on one of those things, while riding one of the not-so-biker-friendly streets and at considerable speed…

:argh:argh:argh:argh:argh


Another was on my way home from… where-ever - and it was quite dark. Being right next to cars passing by through an intersection, I JUST manage to spot a huge dent, uhm, for a manhole cover/grill (that’s “kloakdæksel/-rist”, for those Danes who don’t wanna look it up; consider it public service).
Now try to put yourself in my position, and imagine the HORROR I was faced by from almost plunging into that thing! … I should take a picture of it. It’s no joke.

ANYHOW – back to the actual topic of this post.

If I haven’t told you, the weather here is quite a bit different from that in Denmark. It’s only May, but the day temperatures are already WELL above 20degC (70degF – moar public service. Don’t expect this to become standard!)
In Denmark, it’s still like 15degC/60degF, most of the time.

So I ride on my bike.
onbike

I’m always running late (ask anyone who’s ever had to meet with me at a specific time, or any classmate or teacher I’ve ever had) – and thus I go relatively fast.

NOT LATE
Problem is that I, even by nature, once I sweat, I sweat like a horse (I’m usually always cold – ask anyone) and by the time I reach class, out of breath, face red as a strawberry and practically bathing in sweat (I’m sure you wanna know this). It’s in fact so bad that I probably need to start bringing an extra t-shirt and a towel to class, just so I have something to wipe my face and bare skin, i.e. arms and legs.

Not only is it uncomfortable, but obviously also slightly embarrassing. Also because I’m the only from the cold North. The only European classmates I have are Spanish, and they’re kind of used to heat, too.
I started wearing shorts and t-shirt on a daily basis weeks ago. I have two Thais in my class, and they’re still comfortably wearing long sleeves and pants!

:uwah:argh:psy

I’ll repeat: it’s only May, and I’m almost dying going to and from school. Furthermore, the worst has yet to come. The humidity. The humidity is what kills. Dry heat I can handle, but when it gets humid… I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’ll drench my clothes within a day, and most certainly within the 20 minutes of biking to and from school.

:geg:geg:geg:geg:geg

Considering making a post on how to lead a low-budget life, here in Japan, including a few tips and tricks. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. lol omg! I know how you feel I almost died from the heat today and the thai girl in my class came in with a jumper! ._. that she only takes off when she's in class! o; you should be careful while you're on the road ^-^ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, careful? *bitchplease*

      The cars should fear meh!
      Speaking of Thai, don't forget the Thai festival in Yoyogi park, tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Us Thais and our heat resistance hohoho.

    I sweat a lot too though. I bring a shirt to change into when I get to work. And the gym will have pools of sweat when I'm done, even with a towel in hand (I'm sure you wanna know THAT).

    ReplyDelete