Friday, March 15, 2013

Day two; moar pictures!

Again, mostly pictures from the 15th! Enjoy!


DSC_0427

お茶タイム! = Tea time! This is a local confectionary. A soft meringue-like shell, and the inside is sweet white bean paste. That sounds way less appetizing than it is. It’s really good!

DSC_0428“Take these with you to Tokyo, okay?” is what Reiko told me, as she handed me two bags of high quality green tea.

DSC_0429
Reiko and Shinji cook, and I do the dishes!


DSC_0430Reiko asked to anonymous, hence the mask…
- Just kidding; it’s because she has some kind of allergic reaction and get slightly red. It’s pure vanity!

DSC_0431
If you quickly dump raw harusame (mung bean sprouts) in hot oil, you get these curly thingies. Decorative and edible!


DSC_0435
This is what a 1000yen meal at Art&Space Café in Taketa looks like. You get rice or noodles on the side.


DSC_0439
Lunch! Tempura udon! Tempura is the deep fried toppings, udon is the noodles.

DSC_0440
A kind of dried kaki, as far as I understood. Very sweet, very good.


DSC_0441
I’ve been taught how to make maccha (抹茶), high quality powdered green tea which you whisk, creating a foam.

DSC_0442
Beat dat tea~!
Pardon my hair.


DSC_0443
出来上がり! = Done!


DSC_0448
A cup for me and a cup for Mai-san, the Gotous’ daughter in law. Sweets to the left.

DSC_0449
Today was like the white one I posted earlier, only covered with chocolate.

DSC_0450
I don’t know what to think of this. An item that caught my eye in their little shop (not the café).


DSC_0460
Little Kei-chan, Mai-san (mother), and Kazuko-san, Kei-chan’s great grandmother (and Reiko-san’s mother). Kazuko-san is senile beyond belief, but the sweetest thing.

DSC_0464
Tonight is すき焼き! Sukiyaki! First for me, but it’s SO good! Meat and different veggies cooked in a sweet and savory sauce. You just take it as it cooks, and dip it in raw egg before eating. For sure not my last time!


DSC_0466
Shinji-san to the left, Reiko-san holding the meat, Mai-san eating mochi.

DSC_0467

1 comment:

  1. fede billeder! :D
    ser mega hyggelig ud og er slet ik misundelig ;) :P

    ReplyDelete