Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 16th; even moar pics!

DSC_0469
Breakfast with Reiko-san and Shinji-san. Rice, egg, miso soup with tofu, salad and nama tamago nattou (生卵納豆 = raw egg nattou)!
The latter is fermented soy beans, causing them to get very sticky (and smelly!), mixed with raw egg. One of the foods I adore! Will make a video about it.


DSC_0470


DSC_0471

Part of today’s job: cleaning the fridge.


DSC_0472
Moar maccha brewing. This is another thing I usually do.


DSC_0475
WHIIIISSSZZZZK~~~~!


DSC_0476
DSC_0477
Maccha and sweets. Orange is the dried kaki I mentioned ealier, the yellow some kind of sugar preserved citrus, and the pink is actually lightly popped millet with some kind of sweet coating.


DSC_0481
Reiko-instructing me in ikebana. She pretty much told me where to put all the things, though.


DSC_0483DSC_0484DSC_0485DSC_0486DSC_0488
Reiko-san and Shinji-san in the kitchen, cooking away!
I asked Reiko if they’ve taken any kind of cooking lessons, but she told me they didn’t. They just like it!

DSC_0489
I don’t know the names of anything but the brown square in the upper right, which is gomadoufu, sesame tofu.


DSC_0490
Mai-san took me (and Kei-chan) to eat local ice cream! Super awesome and delicious! She recommended the one that comes with yogurt (not in the actual ice cream, but poured into the cup.


DSC_0491DSC_0492
Countryside and mountains.


DSC_0493
DSC_0494
The dairy store where we got the ice cream.


DSC_0495
This is the window below my room.

DSC_0496
Take a look inside, and this is what you see. More hina matsuri things.

When I told Mai how expensive sushi is in Denmark, she said:
“WE MUST GO EAT SUSHI!” and immediately turned to Reiko and Shinji and said: “(I/she/we; subject is often left out in Japanese) would like sushi tomorrow!” (I told her yesterday), trying to blame the request on me (but made it easy to see through)…

DSC_0497
Appetizer (I believe some people would perceive it the opposite) – steamed crayfish and snail thingies! Oceany but tasty. As I mentioned, I won’t refuse anything.


DSC_0498
Sushi at the counter. The first sushi place was full, so we couldn’t get a table.
This one was actually kind of stuffed too, but Reiko but on a tough mask, and demanded we were served sushi! Haha!
Everyone in Taketa know each other, so it’s totally fine.


DSC_0499
Delicious sushi line-up!


DSC_0501
Mai-san: “作戦成功!” (Plan succeeded! Ref. her plan to go eat sushi through me)

DSC_0502
Gunkan - 軍艦.
Fish roe. Very good!


DSC_0504
Sweet rolled omelet. Haven’t seen it made this way; usually it’s just a regular nigiri with egg on top, but this one had a bit of rice stuffed into the egg instead.


DSC_0506
Chawan mushi. Steamed egg with mushrooms, shrimp among other things.
For the Danes outthere, think røræg/æggestand, but with a soup mixed in, making it softer.


DSC_0507
Reiko thought I should take a picture of the container, as it has a nice design.

 

DSC_0508
We (well, Reiko; Mai is breastfeeding, thus can’t drink alcohol) had sake. I had 1½ of those little glasses. For Danes: et snapseglas.
I don’t like alcohol, but again, Reiko demanded I had some.


DSC_0509
Home from sushi, Reiko gave me a dessert to munch on in my room. This is ichigo daifuku (いちご大福). It’s a soft rice cake filled with anko (sweet bean paste), in this case white, and with a strawberry. Don’t be fooled, this too is really good!


DSC_0513

Munching on this and drinking tea while writing these posts. Two? Three posts? I don’t know. Tonight is the first night I haven’t been crushed, and thus have had the required mental resources to do it. Guess I’m catching up on sleep. Good thing!

That’ll be it for now! Mai said we’ll go have some fun tomorrow, too, so I’m looking forward to that. May get internet, too. Posts will come in chunks, since I don’t have constant access to it. I have to go to a café in town (which happens to be named “Krone Café”; krone is the Danish currency).

Time for dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment