Saturday, March 16, 2013

3 days in Taketa; picture edition

I’ve promised you some picture for a while now – here they come! I’ll keep the words as few as possible.
I apologize for the low, lousy quality, but back in the day, I put camera sturdiness over picture quality, so it’s the best I can offer. Here goes!

P1040670

This is from the Gotou’s shop. It’s a restaurant, and the place used to be a sentou (銭湯), a public bath.


P1040674
This is from the ikebana (生花) I was taken to straight away. The man in the picture is the instructor.


P1040676A sweet young lady, also taken classes, and who is an artist, wanted to take a picture next to the instructor’s creation. The one I was given. Lookin’ fresh, aye?

P1040678Back at Gotou’s house. This is the altar of the god they held the mini-festival for. Ebisu (恵比寿).


P1040680This picture is a little over exposed. Reiko thought I should get a picture with all the Ohime-sama (お姫様), from the Hina Matsuri (Girls’ Festival).


P1040682
More girls at the cafe!


P1040683One corner of the café.


P1040684P1040686P1040687P1040690P1040691P1040692DSC_0410A cuppa tea at the café, before being treated to lunch. Didn’t take a picture of that, though. Udon noodles.

DSC_0411Time skip to evening. This was what I was presented at the party!
To the left, some raw fish with Japanese mustard (fish may have been herring? I have no idea). Behind that, fried salmon, further behind that, in the porcelain pot on top of a burner is tofu. Next to the fish + mustard is Japanese potato salad. In the bigger plate/bowl is sashimi, sliced raw fish, and in the little container in front of that, soy sauce.


DSC_0412The tofu with accompanying sauce.

 
DSC_0413
Tofu and sauce in each their containers.


DSC_0414Miso soup on the left, rice and tsukemono (pickled green stuff; don’t remember what it was).


DSC_0415May be hard to see, but this is a kind of citrus related to clementines. You can eat the skin, which is quite sweet, while the inside is pretty sour. First time I’ve seen these! Believe they’re called kinkan.


DSC_0416
I was taken to “my” room; the same as I was staying in those two and a half years ago.

DSC_0418
The smell (a good one, that is) of old wood creates a very… genuine atmosphere! The same smell is in the café.

 

So, that’s it for day one! I didn’t take enough pictures… over and out!

7 comments: