Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shopping in Japan

I should make a posting schedule for myself…

Anyways, I thought I’d take you shopping. Japan has some interesting things for sale. Some nasty, some so amazing I can’t even describe it!

DSC_0023
First; squid kids, anyone?

DSC_0013
A God-knows-what-the-heck-good-this-should-ever-do-face-roller?
(Psst! It’s supposed to tighten up your skin!)

DSC_0020
In Japan, they eat basashi, raw horse meat. They also drink horse milk!
- OK, I kid – it's some kind of alcohol. Size small.

DSC_0024
I’ll decipher: “Fatto supuretto. Kuriimiisofuto”
Then I’ll translate (though both words are in fact English):
”Fat spread. Creamy soft”
- Oh yum. I guess it’s some kind of spreadable margarine. *barf*

DSC_0016
“Laado” = lard. I’ve just never seen it in this form.

DSC_0012
Simmered pigs’ feet. That’s new to me.

DSC_0017
Now, when I took this picture, I thought it was cheap. It’s chicken breast at 35yen per 100g (you Google that yourself).
Later that day, though, I found – behold – 100g for 28yen. I now have about 5kg stuffed in my freezer. No-one wants lean meat in Japan.


DSC_0018

HARIBO. Danish gummy bears top the German ones by far, though.


DSC_0021
Dat’s sum pimp shoes for ya right there!


DSC_0022
Just in case you wanted such outfit. It’s popular for comedy shows in Japan…


DSC_0023
Whenever I see this brand of curry, I can’t help but think that it may have something to do with Rock Lee. The packaging says:
”辛さX10倍”and “辛さX20倍”, which means “10 times spicier” and “20 times spicier”. Compared to what, I don’t know…

I’ll do a shopping guide at a suiting time, on what to buy where, and what NOT to buy. I’ve made it a sport back in Denmark to hunt down the cheapest places, and I brought it here. If I know I can get a certain item at a lower price, I refuse to buy it at anything higher.
It’s not my fault, though! My mother has been called “half-price” by her brother. My father always haggles prices. So does my brother. We’re just Hella cheap… and we’re fine with that!

“So, what’s this amazing thing you mentioned in the beginning?!”, you may ask.
Oh, that… I will save that for a different post, which will be once I get my hands on it. I first need to find the cheapest place to get it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you have a great blog here! I've really enjoyed looking through your postings. Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Please, if there's anything you'd like me to blog about/look into, let me know!

      I'm very happy to get feedback and ideas ^^

      Delete