Friday, March 22, 2013

OK, so you made me dance…

- but you can’t make me sing! … Or so I said.

March 22nd was the day I sang karaoke…
But before that, I did some deliveries with Sadami-san, the noodle-maker!

DSC_0073

Given a grape juice. The taste reminded me of a lip balm I had as a kid. Ultra synthetic…

DSC_0075
Though, I was surprised to find the ingredients:
Grapes
Flavoring
- I don’t know; maybe the “flavoring” doesn’t need to be more specified.

DSC_0077
Sadami-san makes tonkotsu ramen (noodles in pork broth) for Mai-chan and I!

DSC_0078
Finished product topped with char siu. Was good!

DSC_0085
In the café kitchen with Reiko-san. This, my friends, is kouji nattou. It’s those sticky beans, mixed up with fermented rice, konbu, sesame seeds, carrot and burdock root, I believe.

DSC_0086
It is insanely good!

DSC_0089
And at the shop, I pack groceries. Reiko is known for her hardly recognizable handwriting. I had trouble making out some of the things.

DSC_0091
Kouji nattou in the making!

DSC_0093
The kouji – fermented rice.

DSC_0095
The nattou.

DSC_0096
Mirin and sake; sweet rice wine and regular rice wine.

DSC_0097
Used to simmer the carrots and burdock in, along with some soy sauce.

DSC_0100
Once it cools a little, add the salty konbu and nattou.

DSC_0101
Mix, mix, mix!

DSC_0102
Slightly slimy, smelly and sticky – it gets better after a few days when the kouji has softened some.

DSC_0104
Songs I know. Girls Generation aka SNSD aka 少女時代.

DSC_0105
And more songs I know! GACKT! (Continued on the next page)

DSC_0109
One of the remotes/songs catalogue. Very fancy!

DSC_0111
It’s hard to tell, but the tambourine actually flashes when being hit! Kei-chan loved it.

DSC_0113
The karaoke device, I believe you could call it.

DSC_0115
I actually came across a few songs by the Danish AQUA!

DSC_0116
Food being brought to the table!

Obviously, I have no evidence – only witnesses – but I DID sing. Group pressure!
I chose a Queen song. You And I. It’s such a happy song!

/day.

2 comments:

  1. Så skal du vel også prøve at synge her når du kommer tilbage ;-)

    ReplyDelete